You cannot update your company website every day. Certain information on this platform is static, and needs to continue to be there in its original form.
Creating a blog is the perfect platform to balance this. This is where you create new content. In our blogging and social media course we emphasise how bloggers can tell the on-going story of their brands without waiting for other people to write about them. Blogging allows us to establish ourselves as experts in our fields and to build a body of work.
We use our blog posts to show what we know by offering free information and by offering support for our readers. This new content is excellent for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), because Google loves new content.
Most importantly, blogging gives us fresh content to share on social media.
So, how do you do this?
- Upload your new post to your blog, using appropriate formatting, tags, links, and images.
- Share this new content to your social media profiles. [Read The 9 Essential Social Media Platforms].
- Readers will click on the link, which will bring them back to your blog.
- If we wanted to promote a children’s writing course, we could write a post that relates to writing for children.
- This may be something simple, such as Writing Children’s Books – A Cheat Sheet, or something more in depth, such as 7 Things To Avoid When You Write For Children.
- Then we share it on our social media platforms to get people’s attention.
What do we hope to achieve?
We give free, valuable information
We inform, inspire, and entertain our readers
We bring potential customers back to our site, by getting the attention of people who are interested in reading and writing memoirs.
In this way, we are able to offer our course as an option for them at the end of the post.
Note: The majority of our posts are not driven by wanting to sell something. They are there as part of our ongoing conversation with our readers. We are building a long-term relationship.
Amanda Patterson -writer