The new rules will be in effect throughout the country.
The coronavirus epidemic situation remains tense in Ukraine.
In the spring, Ukrainians went through a strict lockdown, and since the end of autumn there has been speculation about the resumption of tougher quarantine measures.
The Cabinet of Ministers decided to tighten covid-related restrictions in Ukraine in January 2021, after the winter holidays.
Tougher restrictions are being introduced after the New Year and Christmas holidays – from 00:00 on January 8 to 00:00 on January 25. In total, lockdown will last 16 days.
This month, Ukrainians will face new restrictions, although they will not be as strict as during the spring lockdown in 2020
- ducational institutions are to be shut down, except for kindergartens. Education will be available online;
- Cafes, bars, restaurants, and all catering establishments shall operate in takeout and delivery modes only;
- In shopping malls, only those establishments shall be open whose work has not been prohibited;
- No public, entertainment, sports, social events, and concerts shall be held;
- Art facilities, theaters, and cinemas shall be closed;
- Gyms, fitness centers, swimming pools have been banned; and
- Non-food markets shall be shut down.
During lockdown, the following activity will be allowed:
- Trade in food products;
- Work of pharmacies and veterinary pharmacies;
- Operations of healthcare facilities;
- Sale of hygiene products, communications equipment, and animal feed;
- Repair and maintenance of vehicles;
- Operations of gas stations without catering zones;
- Operation of banks and ATMs;
- Work of post offices;
- Services at beauty and hair salons and barbershops –
- The work of hostels and hotels (with limited breakfast serving time); and
- Sports events without spectators.
Public transport services in Ukraine will not be halted from January 8 to January 24.
All urban, commuter, and interregional transportation by any type of transport will operate at seated capacity only.
The capacity restriction shall not apply to subway.